- HEAVY RAINS, INTENSE ACCOMPANIED BY ELECTRIC SHOCK, WIND GUSTS AND HAILS OVER ENTITIES IN THE NORTHEAST, EAST AND SOUTHEAST OF THE MEXICAN REPUBLIC, IN ADDITION TO EVENING SHOWERS IN THE CENTER OF THE COUNTRY.
- POSSIBLE FORMATION OF WHIRLPOOLS OR TORNADOES IN COAHUILA, NUEVO LEÓN AND TAMAULIPAS.
- GUSTY WINDS OF 60 TO 80 km / h IN VERACRUZ, ISTMO DE TEHUANTEPEC AND YUCATÁN
The weather predicts that the rains will continue in different states of the country, so it is recommended to take precautions.
Take your precautions! The weather in Mexico for this May 20 indicates that the rains will continue, but the possibilities of waterspouts in several regions of Mexico also increased, since extreme care is recommended.
The National Meteorological Service (SMN) points out the existence of various meteorological phenomena over the Mexican territory, given that there will be rains, strong winds, but also high temperatures that will reach 45º C.
Only in the northwest of Mexico will a new cold front be located causing strong winds with dust collectors, while a dry line and the low pressure channel will continue their interaction causing very heavy rains at intense points.
The weather indicates that these rains may be accompanied by electrical discharges , as well as strong gusts of wind and possible hailstorms over entities in the southeast of the Mexican Republic.
The meteorological phenomena could generate showers and heavy rains over the northeast, east and center of the country, but the climate also indicates that the possible formation of waterspouts in the coasts of Veracruz, Campeche and Yucatán.
On the other hand, the climate of Mexico could mark maximum temperatures of 40 to 45º C in Tamaulipas, San Luis Potosí, Veracruz, Tabasco, Chiapas, Campeche and Yucatán.
Minimum temperatures in Mexico this May 20
– Minimum temperatures of 0 to 5 ° C and possible frosts: mountainous areas of Baja California, Chihuahua and Durango.
Maximum temperatures in Mexico this May 20
– Maximum temperatures of 35 to 40 ° C: Baja California, Baja California Sur, Sonora, Sinaloa, Tamaulipas, San Luis Potosí, Nayarit, Jalisco, Michoacán, Guerrero, State of Mexico (southwest), Morelos (south), Veracruz, Oaxaca , Chiapas, Tabasco, Campeche, Yucatán and Quintana Roo.
Winds in Mexico this May 20
– Wind with gusts of 70 to 80 km / h with dust collectors: Baja California.
– Wind with gusts of 60 to 70 km / h: in the Gulf of California and with possible formation of waterspouts on the coasts of Veracruz, Campeche and Yucatán.
– Wind with gusts of 50 to 60 km / h: Baja California Sur, Sonora, Chihuahua, Coahuila, Nuevo León, Tamaulipas, Durango, Zacatecas, San Luis Potosí, Aguascalientes, Jalisco, Guanajuato, Tabasco and Quintana Roo.
Rains in Mexico this May 20
– Very heavy rains with intense punctual rains: Chiapas, Campeche and Yucatán.
– Heavy rains with very strong occasional rains: Veracruz, Oaxaca, Tabasco and Quintana Roo.
– Intervals of showers with strong punctual rains: Tamaulipas, San Luis Potosí, Hidalgo and Puebla.
– Intervals of showers: State of Mexico, Nuevo León, Querétaro and Tlaxcala.
– Isolated rains: Coahuila, Guanajuato, Mexico City, Morelos and Guerrero.
– Possible hail fall: Tamaulipas, Puebla, Tlaxcala, Veracruz, Oaxaca, Chiapas, Campeche and Yucatán.
– Possibility of electrical storms: Coahuila, Nuevo León, Tamaulipas, San Luis Potosí, Querétaro, Hidalgo, Veracruz, Puebla, Tlaxcala, State of Mexico, Oaxaca, Chiapas, Tabasco, Campeche, Yucatán and Quintana Roo.